Vacancies at Highland Motors
Vauxhall Apprenticeship Programme
- You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motor technician in a busy workshop environment.
- You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motor vehicles.
- You will also be partly responsible for maintenance of the workshop environment.
- As part of your training you will attend our Vauxhall Apprenticeship technical centre in Nottingham for block release training. (Accommodation & transport costs will be covered by your employer)
Show More Details ...
Training to be provided
- Training consists of 17 weeks block training over a 3 year period with the remainder of your time being spent at a Vauxhall retailer where practical training and guidance will be provided
- You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) along with Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT at Level 2.
- You will also work towards Vauxhall internal qualifications via My Academy Bonze & Silver courses.
- All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Car Service Technician.
- Work experience within the industry would be advantageous.
GCSE Grades A-C (or equivalent) are preferred but other candidates may apply.
Important other information:
- Team orientated
- Good communication skilss
- Positive outlook.
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Evident interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry
- Must live within a realistic commutable distance of the vacancy (This will be dictated by the Employer)
- More information on this link here:
Possible career progression opportunities include Master Technician, Service or Aftersales Department Management or even dealership management.
Monday - Friday (Occasional Saturdays)
Interested candidates should apply in writing with current CV and covering letter to:
Angela Smith, Highland Motors Ltd, Borve, Isle of Skye, IV51 9PE
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org